Angelo State Announces 2019 Fall Family Weekend FestivitiesPress Release
SAN ANGELO, TX — Relatives of all Angelo State University students are invited to campus on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 27-28, for Fall Family Weekend, two days of special activities that will culminate with the ASU Rams’ football game against Midwestern State University and a post-game fireworks show.
Sponsored by the ASU Ram Family Connection (RFC), all Fall Family Weekend activities are free for students and their families.
Scheduled activities on Friday, Sept. 27, include:
- 5-7 p.m.: Dinner at The Caf – a complimentary dinner for students and families at the ASU Food Service Center (The Caf).
- 7 p.m.: Volleyball Match – ASU Belles vs. UT-Permian Basin at the Junell Center/Stephens Arena.
- 7-9 p.m.: Family Game Night – an evening of games, prizes and fun for students and their families in the Houston Harte University Center.
Scheduled activities on Saturday, Sept. 28 include:
- 8-9:30 a.m.: RFC Family Breakfast – free breakfast with Dr. Javier Flores, ASU vice president for student affairs and enrollment management, in The Caf.
- 10 a.m. - Noon: Coffee with Faculty – ASU faculty members will be available to meet with families at Starbucks in the University Center.
- 10 a.m. - Noon: Biology Department Open House – students and families can get a closer look at ongoing research projects and the Angelo State Natural History Collections.
- 11 a.m. - Noon: American Chemical Society (ACS) Magic Show – ASU’s student chapter of the ACS will host a chemistry magic show in the University Center.
- 1 p.m.: Soccer Game – ASU Rambelles vs. Texas A&M-International at the ASU Soccer Field.
- 2 p.m.: Volleyball Match – ASU Belles vs. Western New Mexico at the Junell Center/Stephens Arena.
- 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.: Family Day Ram Jam – the ASU Alumni Association’s Ram Jam tailgate party at the LeGrand Alumni and Visitors Center.
- *6 p.m.: Football Game – ASU Rams vs. Midwestern State at LeGrand Stadium at 1st Community Credit Union Field.
- *8:30 p.m. (approximately): Post-Game Fireworks – right after the football game at the stadium.
*The public should be aware that the Fort Concho cannons will fire before and during the football game, which will be followed by the fireworks show. A complete schedule of Fall Family Weekend events is available online at angelo.edu/familyday.
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.